Friday, November 7, 2008

week 12 itunes U

When I first looked at this webpage, I thought that it was really interesting that itunes has paired with many universities to help with learning. I think that it is great that this site can provide the slides that are offered in the classroom in audio as the teacher went over them in class or the different pictures that may have went with a lecture. I feel that all of these things are only futhering the learning that one student can do.
I also think that it is very conveintant that these are available to be placed on your ipod, like they said on the site you can listen to the material for a class while walking to class or working out. It would be and is very difficult to walk or workout with a large text book. Not to mention you are able to hook it up to a itravel, for trips so you can hear it while you are driving.
I'm not sure if South is yet connected with this program, but I think that it would only benefit the school. Students would be able to get lessons that the teacher had and hear the discussion that happened in the classroom that day if they were absent. They would also have many tools that could benefit the students. Maybe also students would be able to post their notes from the class so that other students would be able to have access to them, like a filing cabinet of sorts.

No comments: